If you want to watch a video when you aren't connected to Wi-Fi or your cell network, you can choose to sync (download) videos to your Android device using the UP Faith & Family app. This is a great tool when watching on an airplane or other places without a Wi-Fi or network connection.
- Download and open the UP Faith & Family app on your Android device
- Navigate to the video you want to sync/download within the UP Faith & Family app
- On the video of your choice, tap the offline sync button (located in the top right-hand corner) to start downloading the video or videos to your device
- Once the video is complete, you are free to disconnect from Wi-Fi or network.
- You can watch or delete your synced videos by clicking the Library button, and then OFFLINE. Click the X button to remove the video from your device.
The length of time it takes to download is dependent on several factors, most likely Wi-Fi, or data connection, as well as the length of the video. It varies so much that it is not possible to give an estimate of a standard length of time. However, you can also check to see if you have disabled HD downloads in the profile settings on the UP Faith & Family app. To do so, just open the UP Faith & Family app and tap Profile. Under the Download Settings section, tap HD Downloads to toggle the setting on.
- Please note downloading an HD file (if available) will use more space on your device than an SD file.
Also, the UP Faith & Family app must remain open (i.e., app open and screen on) during the entire download to prevent the operating system from stopping the download. If you are downloading a large file, you may want to adjust your device's battery-saving settings to prevent it from sleeping until your download is finished.