If you want to watch a video when you aren't connected to Wi-Fi or your cell network, you can choose to sync (download) videos to your iPhone or iPad using the UP Faith & Family app. This is a great tool when watching on an airplane or other places without a Wi-Fi or cellular network connection.
- Download and open the UP Faith & Family app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the video you want to sync/download within the UP Faith & Family app.
- On the video of your choice, tap the offline sync button (located in the top right-hand corner) to start downloading the video or videos to your device.
- Once the video is complete, you are free to disconnect from your Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- You can watch or delete your synced videos by clicking the Library button, and then OFFLINE. Tap the X button to remove the video from your device.
The length of time it takes to download is dependent on several factors, mainly Wi-Fi or cellular connection, as well as the length of the video. It varies so much that it is not possible to give an estimate of a standard length of time. However, you can check to see if you have disabled HD downloads in the profile settings on the app. To do this, open the app, then tap Profile. Under "Download settings," tap HD Downloads to toggle the setting on.
- Please note downloading an HD file (if available) will use more space on your device than an SD file.
Also, the app must remain open (i.e., app open and screen on) during the entire download to prevent the operating system from stopping the download. If you are downloading a large file, you may want to adjust your device's battery-saving settings to prevent it from sleeping until your download is finished.