You can Chromecast UP Faith & Family from your iOS device. To Chromecast your favorite shows, please follow the steps below.
- Open your UP Faith & Family app on your iPhone or iPad
- Once opened, your videos will load
- When you start playing a video, tap the Cast icon that appears in the lower right side of the video player controls
- Choose the Chromecast device you wish to connect to from the options that appear
- Once connected, your device screen will notify you that the video is now playing on your primary cast screen
- You can now browse through other products and videos. The video you are currently casting will appear at the bottom of your app so you can access controls
- To disconnect from your Chromecast, tap the Cast button again and choose This Device instead of the Chromecast
Note: At this time, we do not support Chromecast devices that some TVs have built in. While it may work, our player is not developed to support this, and we cannot troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Chromecasting with iOS 14
Many of the features in iOS 14 revolve around privacy and permissions. One such update requires any services that attempt to access your local network to first ask for permission before granting access.
Chromecast falls into this category. Starting with iOS 14, you will be prompted to allow the app to access your local network.
When you open version 5.9x of the app on iOS 14 for the first time, the app scans for the presence of connected Chromecast devices, so iOS 14 will show a permission prompt.
You must accept this prompt for Chromecast devices to be discoverable. If you choose ‘Don’t allow,’ the Chromecast icon will no longer appear as an option on the video player.
You can always grant this later by navigating to your device's Settings select the name of the app Enable ‘Local Network’.