Here are the new shows and movies coming to UP Faith & Family in April 2023. We have a great lineup of uplifting and inspiring movies and series for April. Mark your calendars!
Hudson & Rex Season 3 - Episode 8
- TV-14. Charlie and Rex investigate a fairytale-turned-nightmare when a princess performer suspiciously dies at a child´s birthday party.
- TV-PG. A teenage Christian singer (AJ Michalka) lands a record deal with the help of her father's ruthless former manager (Kevin Pollak), but her move to Los Angeles and desire for fame lead to a crisis of faith.
Passion of the Christ
- TV-14-V, Viewer Discretion Advised - Contains graphic scenes depicting the last hours of Jesus’s life that may not be suitable for younger viewers. Academy Award winning director Mel Gibson offers audiences breathtaking cinematography and the seamless performance of actor Jim Caviezel in an uncompromising film depicting Jesus Christ's profound courage and sacrifice. The Passion of The Christ dramatically captures the last 12 hours of Christ's life on Earth, based on the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
- TV-PG-V. God sends the archangel, Eden, to Earth where she is placed with people who are about to make a life decision that could negatively impact them and others around them. Will Eden be able to help, or will her brother Lucifer get in the way?
Mary, Mother Of Jesus
- TV-PG. Witness the extraordinary life of Jesus, from birth to crucifixion, as seen through the eyes of his mother Mary.
Mother Teresa: In The Name Of God's Poor
- TV-PG. A story of Mother Teresa, beginning in Calcutta, India, where she faces adversity from every direction and where she lays the foundation for her crusade to help the poorest of the poor.
The Psalm Project
- TV-PG-V. The Psalm Project sets action to the first 20 Psalms highlighting the beauty of creation and man's struggles in war and health.
- TV-14. In this inspiring story, a rebellious rock star is given a second chance to follow in his father’s footsteps and become a preacher after his life comes crashing down. However, his desire to share a message of forgiveness gets tested at every turn as he fights his past demons to realize his childhood dreams.
WWJR – When Will Jesus Return
- TV-PG-L. A comedy about believing. An out of work social media director helps Jesus get the word out. When followers are hard to find, it's time recognize even the smallest of miracles
Jesus Calling Season 3 - Episode 1
- TV-G. Kennedy Center Honors recipient Amy Grant shares about a recent health scare and how that situation put things in perspective—that no matter the outcome, God would be there for her. Actors Alexa and Carlos PenaVega share how they met, and that in a world where it’s fashionable to focus on “self,” they find joy in serving others and pointing them to God.
God Bless the Broken Road
- TV-PG-V. Amber's ideal life is shattered when she loses her husband to the war in Afghanistan. Two years later, she finds herself in a struggle to save her home while providing for her young daughter, Bree. When up-and-coming race car driver Cody Jackson rolls into town, Amber and Bree become wrapped up in his pedal to the metal way of life. With her faith hanging in the balance, Amber is forced to decide between the broken road she knows so well or trusting in a new path that God has provided.
- TV-14. Shot 5-times by a Los Angeles gang leaving ten bullet holes through his body. Tony died for 30-minutes and had an out of body experience, he talks with God and made a choice to forgive.
- TV-PG. Follows a dog who is a master escape artist, who must team up with his puppy pals to prevent their block from being robbed.
Mount Hideaway Mysteries: Heartache and Homecoming
- TV-PG-V. Amy Bradford, the small town vet and investigator, just lost her best friend in a car accident. It seems like the last straw in a series of pain and tragedy that has her questioning her faith and her future. When she learns her friend's death was actually a murder, she must set aside her grief and solve the crime, and thwart a cyber-attack on the secret government facility where her dad works. There's a handsome detective in town who may be her true love, or the killer.
- TV-14. This movie is the adaptation of the biblical stories of Noah and Lot and how God destroyed the world due to evil mankind.
Power of Air
- TV-PG. An African missionary shares with a Christian man in the United States that he feels the church in America is in great danger. The Christian is very convicted by what he hears and sets forth a plan to reach his city with the Gospel.
Jesus Calling Season 3 - Episode 2
- TV-G. Luke and Joel Smallbone of For King & Country share about some of the hardships of starting with absolutely nothing. Now, they’re carrying out a family legacy of music in a bigger way than they ever dreamed possible. NFL player Jordan Matthews was measuring his worth by how well he was doing in football. When he realized fellow players had a different, Christ-centered approach, Jordan wanted in. And he learned a relationship with God isn’t based on our performance.
- TV-PG. When a routine bank heist goes terribly wrong, Vinny must hide out in a small town church. He is mistaken for their new pastor and struggles to keep up appearances when he is charged with mentoring a troubled youngster caught stealing. When his devoted congregation finds out the truth, will they be able to forgive him?
Honest to God
- TV-PG-D. When a family man finds out he was misdiagnosed with a terminal illness, he must now make good on the promises he made to God if he were to be healed.
Life Changes Everything
- TV-PG-D. Outside an abortion clinic in 1978, Madeline Ryan is 19 years old, tender-eyed, confused and about 12 weeks pregnant. Her boyfriend, Eric, 23, is a career-minded student on his way to graduate school. Madeline is hesitant, but Eric is determined to get this done today. Both are about to find out that "life" changes everything!
- When Evie Jones accidentally grabs the wrong carry on bag on her flight, her quest to find the rightful owner leads to a series of misunderstandings, missed connections and, maybe, to the love of her life.
- TV-PG. While working his maintenance job at an upscale hotel, Barry encounters the mysterious Mr. Jay. He introduces Barry to the International Birthday Network, an agency that helps children across the globe suffering from miserable birthdays.
Touched by an Angel Season 9
- TV-PG In this beloved drama series, three angels are sent to Earth to tell troubled people that God loves them and hasn't forgotten them.
Jesus Calling Season 3 - Episode 3
- TV-G. Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts shares how an encounter with God motivated him to move to Nashville and try to make it in country music. As part of one of the biggest groups country music has ever seen, God led him to a new solo venture. Christian musician Danny Gokey stormed onto the scene after becoming a top 3 finalist on “American Idol, Season 8.” Danny talks about how he clung to God for healing when it seemed impossible to ever get over the loss of his wife.
Brothers of the Heart: Listen to the Music
- TV-G. On their anticipated sophomore release Listen To The Music, Brother's Of The Heart (Jimmy Fortune, Ben Isaacs, Bradley Walker, Mike Rogers) reimagine country, gospel and pop classics, including "Ring of Fire," "Desperado," "Precious Memories" and more. Showcasing impeccable arrangements and seamless harmonies, the recording reminds us of the joy of listening to great music.
Calling for Love
- TV-G. Successful podcast host Samantha Desouza has a passion for music and an aversion to romance. Just when her show is thriving, she is re-assigned by her boss to host Heartwaves, a feel-good love songs show with a segment that reunites lost loves. Despite her lack of enthusiasm, her first caller is the charismatic and charming Jake who has a problem she’s determined to help solve. What they didn’t expect was to fall for each other in the process.
I Will Soar
- TV-PG-D. A true story about one community, one high school, and one coach; how he produced a winning football season and hit record numbers of first-generation students attending university.
The Perfect Race
- TV-G. A female athlete at a small Christian college works hard to overcome long odds in trying to win a national title in the 800 meter run.