Closed captions can be activated from the settings of your Roku device.
- Press Home on your Roku remote
- Scroll and select Settings
- To open the Captions menu, select Accessibility. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
- Select Captions mode and choose when captions appear
- Off – captions never appear
- On always – captions always appear (when available from the service provider). When service providers use their own settings, closed captions are activated within their channel.
- On replay – captions appear only after pressing Replay on your Roku remote (with content that supports instant replay)
- On mute – captions appear only when volume is muted
- Note: The "On mute" selection is not available on all Roku devices.